Please read this section before completing and submitting your application.
We have pre-selected plants from our Keystone, Host, and Nectar Plant categories that are available as donations. Applicants may request plants from the selections, however all donations are subject to availability.
• HOAs are eligible to receive up to 10 plants per year.
• Schools, parks, nonprofits, and other organizations are eligible to receive up to 20 plants per year.
• The organization must be located in North Carolina.
• The plants must be planted in North Carolina.
• The organization agrees to not use any pesticides or herbicides on donated plants.
• The organization will use the donated plants for any of the following purposes: education, insect support, habitat restoration, public garden, HOA communal garden, pollinator garden project, or other purpose(s) pre-approved by Backyard Butterflies.
January 31st for spring donations
August 31st for fall donations
Applicants will be contacted within 5-7 days after their submission is received with information about what plants will be donated and when they will be available to be picked-up.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.